People Who Went The Same College I Did Who Are In Bands That Are Way More Famous Than Mine
I (and Gm7 and Bl4k Lotus) went to Wesleyan in central Connecticut. It was a hotbed of flaky kids doing self-indulgent art things! Who knew this atmosphere of permissive noodling would serve us all so well?
- Nate Query and I lived together in Greenhouse for a year when we were about twenty. He plays bass for The Decemberists.
- Amanda Palmer (of Dresden Dolls, and doing wonderfully in her solo endeavors) used to hang around with my erstwhile bass player Mo Ouyang in WestCo. I bet you she does not remember me.
- Santi White (aka Santigold) was there while I was. I do not think I ever met her, though.
- Benjamin Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden are MGMT, last year's indie rock darlings. They are considerably younger than I am.
- Himanshu Suri and Victor Vazquez are Das Racist, last year's weird-rap darlings. They are even younger than MGMT (sigh).
- Adam Goren is Atom and His Package. I think he dated my freshman hallmate Jill.
This is only a partial collection. For more comparative evidence of how famous I'm not, please see this whole list.