MC Frontalot
BBS :: Generality :: Thread
Goto: 1, 2  Next
Previous thread :: Next thread
Bandcamp
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 10.1.09 :: 4:32PM :: Edit by Iron Curtain, 10.3.09 :: 7:40PM (#1) :: Bandcamp
Hey, have any of you used Bandcamp?

http://bandcamp.com

See the video. Bandcamp blows iTunes and MySpace out of the water, then takes a flamethrower, sets them on fire, then eats their ashes for breakfast. It's a website on which independent musicians can host their songs, and your customers can listen to the entire songs, and download them at many different types of file formats, including lossless ones. The songs can be downloaded at a fixed price, at a user-decided price (ŗ la Radiohead) or for free. This service seems to be as flexible as a Cirque Du Soleil contortionist depending on what you want to put on it.

Here are some artists that are already on Bandcamp:

• Random (Mega Ran)
  • Anamanaguchi
  • Del The Funky Homosapien
  • Rancid
  • Metroid Metal
  • Armcannon
  • The One-Ups

Believe me, bandcamp seems like the greatest thing since...[rapper name redacted]?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
mc 403
geek
Posted 10.1.09 :: 6:33PM ::
Wow i really like this site. I hope this catches and takes off. I will definitely be using this site.

Thanks for the suggestion Iron!
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 10.1.09 :: 10:09PM ::
No probs!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
Karl Olson
hypernerd
Posted 10.2.09 :: 1:50AM ::
Maybe I'll setup on this in time for Romance Language 2.
View user's profileSend private messageSend emailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 10.3.09 :: 7:40PM ::
Bumped to note that I added The One-ups to the list of bands and artists on Bandcamp.
Infamousuk
dork
Posted 11.2.09 :: 7:04AM ::
Thanks for the headsup on that, will come in very useful in my upcoming website sorting outing .. of.. yeah.
MC-3PO
metanerd
Posted 11.3.09 :: 7:27PM ::
Excellent link. I shall slack on setting up a page until the site is no longer relevant, then upload stuff to it and try to get people to go back. Fruitlessly.
View user's profileSend private messageSend emailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressICQ NumberYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 11.17.09 :: 9:33PM ::
Karl "Ultraklystron" Olson uploaded Rai Kamishiro's Electric Sheep album to bandcamp, but that's not why I'm bumping this thread.

I'm bumping this thread because of this: You can now sell physical items on Bandcamp! So it's official: Bandcamp is officially the best thing ever (Sorry blowjobs)!

Also, Bluebird, if you're reading this, can you please move this thread to General? [Edit: Thanks, Bluebird!]
Karl Olson
hypernerd
Posted 11.22.09 :: 1:16AM ::
Speaking of stuff I uploaded to bandcamp...

BOOSH: http://ultraklystron.bandcamp.com

Everything from previously long out of print revision 4920 to the fourth estate which just came out this year are up. In 10 days, so will my new record romance language 2.

There you go internet, stuff most of the people who read this already has in hard copy!
View user's profileSend private messageSend emailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
Little Girl Toast
ultranerd
Posted 11.23.09 :: 10:46PM ::
I'm just feeling it out now, thinking of using it for a few projects just a little ways down the road.

I put "Heart of a Girl" up for free, since it has always been for free anyway: http://dangerously.bandcamp.com

And I put up the tracks from the Imaginary Friends 7", plus their never-before-released instrumentals, for super cheap: http://imaginaryfriends.bandcamp.com

Soon I'll add an option for the physical vinyl to be ordered with the ImF MP3s, and then that Hokkaido kid will like me! Or whatever his name was?

I foresee some really fun things happening at band camp.

Hey tell your friends about those links, okay?
View user's profileSend private messageSend emailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressICQ NumberYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
wyrfxrssn
post-nerdal true geek ascendancy
Posted 11.24.09 :: 12:24PM ::
Little Girl Toast wrote:
Soon I'll add an option for the physical vinyl to be ordered with the ImF MP3s, and then that Hokkaido kid will like me! Or whatever his name was?

Clearly you mean Dark Vader.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Msgr
Little Girl Toast
ultranerd
Posted 11.25.09 :: 2:26PM ::
Ooh the Extremities have a new single up on Bandcamp today, too... that place is finna explode!

http://extremities.bandcamp.com/
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 11.27.09 :: 12:59PM ::
Just so you know, Jesse, I too would like to buy Vinyl from you if it's on Bandcamp!
MC-3PO
metanerd
Posted 11.30.09 :: 6:16PM ::
wyrfxrssn wrote:
Little Girl Toast wrote:

That's my boy!
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 12.1.09 :: 11:13AM ::
MC-3PO wrote:
wyrfxrssn wrote:
Little Girl Toast wrote:

That's my boy!

I thought your duo, Death*Star, consisted only of MC3PO and c0splay! Or maybe he's not in your duo and just has a Star-Wars-y name, right?
MC-3PO
metanerd
Posted 12.1.09 :: 2:45PM ::
Iron Curtain wrote:
I thought your duo, Death*Star, consisted only of MC3PO and c0splay! Or maybe he's not in your duo and just has a Star-Wars-y name, right?

Death*Star is just an MC duo (though we do have Bullet Bill on the beats, so he's sort of the unofficial third Triforce), but wyrfxrssn is my boy in the way that Blue is Frank the Tank's boy. C0s and I pull that "Dark Vader" bit on people all the time.
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 12.19.09 :: 12:41PM ::
MC-3PO wrote:
Iron Curtain wrote:

Death*Star is just an MC duo (though we do have Bullet Bill on the beats, so he's sort of the unofficial third Triforce), but wyrfxrssn is my boy in the way that Blue is Frank the Tank's boy. C0s and I pull that "Dark Vader" bit on people all the time.

I looked up "Frank The Tank" on Wikipedia to find out what you meant, and found out it was a reference to the movie Old School, which I haven't seen. It will be next on my queue!
MC-3PO
metanerd
Posted 12.21.09 :: 3:42PM ::
Iron Curtain wrote:
I looked up "Frank The Tank" on Wikipedia to find out what you meant, and found out it was a reference to the movie Old School, which I haven't seen. It will be next on my queue!

It's a magical film, IC. It will warm your heart.
Iron Curtain
super mega nerd
Posted 1.26.10 :: 2:38PM :: Edit by Iron Curtain, 1.26.10 :: 7:08PM (#1) ::
Okay, I watched Old School, and I now understand the reference about which I was confused.

But the main reason I bumped this thread is this:

Bandcamp now has a label where they don't take advantage of you (if you're an artist).

So that means there's NO excuse not to print vinyl or collectables! If my belief in god weren't naturalistic pantheism, I'd think these guys were angels from heaven, because I cannot say enough good things about them!
Little Girl Toast
ultranerd
Posted 1.26.10 :: 3:43PM ::
Wowww... I wonder what it would take to convince them to work with me. That record is beautiful, and I agree with them about EVERYthing.
Page 1 of 2    Goto: 1, 2  Next
See only topics
from the previous:

BBS :: Generality :: Thread
Previous thread :: Next thread
9.17.14 :: 3:28AM :: GMT - 4 Hours